AACI – The Association of Americans and Canadians in Israel is proud to be part of שבוע עליה “Aliyah Week”* in Jerusalem, a celebration of young olim who are enriching the City of Jerusalem and the State of Israel. You are invited to join us
THEN and NOW – YOUNG OLIM ARTISTS EXHIBIT
This exhibit will explore the artists’ experiences “Then” (before aliyah) and “Now” (after), and examine how their work has evolved and been influenced by their aliyah and klitah.
- Avigayle Adler – glass painting and papercuts
- Rivka Bergson – painting
- Natania Casden – photography
- Rachel Feldhamer –painting and drawing
- Tali Hill – graphic art and illustration
- Adam Ingalls – photography and wood sculpture
- Yonit Schiller – photographs
- Vladimir Shraga – photojournalism
- Elliott Tucker – multimedia, collage and video
- Zak Yitro – painting
FESTIVE EVENT – MEET THE ARTISTS
When: Monday November 19th, 2012, 18:00 – 20:00
Where: AACI’s Dr. Max & Gianna Family Center
THE EXHIBIT WILL BE OPEN NOVEMBER 11 – DECEMBER 31, 2012. Please call 02-5661181 for further information.
“RUBY TUESDAY” features a musical performance by KOLTURE SHOCK
This mixed choir of Olim and Israelis sing a cappella songs from North American and Israeli backgrounds, creating a “feel good” cultural music experience.
When: Tuesday, November 20th, 2012, 20:00
Where: AACI’s Dr. Max & Gianna Family Center, 4th floor, 37 Pierre Koenig/2 Poalei Tzedek, Talpiot, Jerusalem
Cost: 35 NIS
*Aliyah Week is a project of the Ministry of Absorption and the Jerusalem Municipal Absorption Authority